Green Ambassador Program (GAP) - Winners
GAP is a Certificate Program for School/College students that provides them with an opportunity to learn about Environmental issues (Garbage, Water, Lakes, Air & Soil Pollution) of our immediate concern and equip them to take up initiatives towards becoming agents of change.
The course aims at creating a problem-solving community of young individuals who play the important role of a catalyst between the community and the local government in addressing the problem of waste management plaguing the city.
Following are the key components of this certificate program:
- Sensitizing students to persistent Environmental, Garbage & Civic problems
- Introducing them to various available solutions to these problem
- Providing a platform to interact with Civic Leaders and learn from them
- Helping them make Bengaluru Cleaner & Greener city through their actions
The program has four parts:
- Classroom Session (Theory)
- Role Play
- Field Activity (Clean-up Drive or Door-to-Door Segregation Campaign)
- Create from Waste - Contest
Post the successful completion of the program certificate are issued and the best 3 items under the Create from Waste will be given prizes.
Recently we had completed GAP in 7 Schools in Bommanahalli Constituency taking up the total number of Students completing GAP Course to 890+ and since this is an ongoing program via Kaagaz Foundation supported by B.PAC the target is to complete 1000 this academic year.